Are you producing entertaining videos for your business, but frustrated about how to get more people to see them? It could be that you are not using your social media accounts in the most effective way. A great video should not have a hard time finding an audience.
If your videos are languishing online, read on to find out how to get them the attention they deserve.
The Benefits of Social Media for Business
No business can afford to ignore social media – but many business owners fail to use their social media accounts properly. It is not enough to have a Facebook account that you ignore most of the time. Your social media pages need to be active and vibrant.
Well-run social media accounts can:
- Keep you connected with your customers
- Encourage brand loyalty
- Help you boost the content you post on your website
- Increase sales
- Build excitement about new products and services
- Turn your customers into brand ambassadors
Social media is arguably the best way to get your content seen by a wide audience. The very nature of social media encourages sharing content, and videos are one of the most popular kinds of online content.
In fact, the average internet user watches at least one video per day.
Here are some of the best ways to promote your video content using social media:
- Post your video on YouTube. If you’re just posting your video on your website, you’re missing out on millions of potential viewers. Put the video on YouTube, and include a clickable call to action and a link to your website.
- Share the YouTube post on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook will let you embed a video into your post, and you can post a link to it on your Twitter feed. When you share it, encourage people to re-share it with their social media contacts.
- Share your video on your personal pages and feeds, too. Your friends and family will be happy to help you by re-sharing your content with their contacts.
- Post links to your video in content posted by industry influencers. The comment sections of relevant posts provide a great forum for sharing your own content. Link back to your Facebook page, or to the YouTube posting, or to the video on your website. Not everyone who comments will watch your video, but some will.
- Share content at different times of day. The average person has hundreds of Facebook friends. If you first share your video in the morning, share it again in the late afternoon or early evening for people who might have missed it the first time.
- Sponsor your video. If you have a little extra money in your marketing budget, sponsor your video to get more views. Your video will appear in the Newsfeed of your targeted demographic.
Using social media can be an easy and inexpensive way to make sure your video gets the attention it deserves; don’t let this opportunity pass you by.